Today featured an entire day of blizzard, but it was a great monday. Unfortunately, the shrug pattern hasn’t been made.
So here’s a random bit for this weekend:
1. I got the Copy Writer job in Sun Prairie. I start tomorrow but I don’t know how I’ll be able to get to work because we’re supposed to get a little less than a foot of snow tonight.
2. I’m getting a new phone. Many thanks to the awesome guy at Verizon who helped me out and the manager in Tech Support who is sending me a refurbished phone for free. A word to the wise: If you’re thinking about getting the BlackBerry Storm2, don’t do it.
3. I finished the tunic but looked SO FREAKING FAT that I took it apart and started on this shrug:
I love this little guy- it’s so so warm and it’s really comfy and I’ve been wearing it almost constantly since I finished making it. I haven’t finished weaving in the ends but I had to wear it as soon as I finished it. That and I look really thin, no?
4. Since finishing the shrug, I’ve hit a rut- I have no idea what to make! I started a chunky-weight eyelet scarf with some old Cascade 128. By eyelet, I mean *k2tog, yo* and that’s it. I’m liking it so far.
5. I also found a lace scarflette that only requires 198 yards and I’m planning on making it in blue so I’m hoping I can do it! It supposedly is an easy pattern.
6. I got the USB to USB cord that I’ve been waiting for so I can put the football games onto my computer so I can share them with the boyfriend when he comes home from Afghan-a-land. I recorded the Packer/Bears game and I’ll be recording the superbowl for him. It should be a good one. Let’s just hope it works!
7. I have to go to bed. It’s 10:30 and I haven’t been to bed this early in well… a long time. But I have to get up at 5 a.m. so I can get to work by 7:30. Let’s hope the snow will cooperate and I’ll be able to start my first day on a good note!