Sucktacular Monday

This morning:

Woke up, amazingly enough, on time but dawdled and got out of bed at 5:20. Rushed around for 20 minutes getting everything ready and putting on pants before going out to warm up my car, which proved to be almost impossible since my door wasn’t budging for a good few pulls due to the ice-rain-snow mixture falling from this sky ALL DAY yesterday. I turned on the car, cringing while it whined and bitched about being woken up early- I apologized and it finally turned over. I went back inside to finish my getting-ready process.

Finished getting-ready process, put my coat and wellies on and walked out with five minutes to spare thinking that’s how long it would take to de-ice/snow/rain my car. I put my coffee in its holder and my morning breakfast of a yogurt cup on the glove compartment between the seats.

This is when things went from bad to worse.

I spent a good 15 minutes trying to get the MOUNTAIN of good snowman-making snow off my car. Upon throwing the ice scraper to the side, it decided to jump over and knock over my yogurt cup.

All over the drivers seatbelt latch and side of the glove compartment. A few thousand choice expletives, running into the house to get a washcloth and towel, and I was mopping up the mess of vanilla-M&Ms yogurt inside my car, all the while wanting to burst into hot tears of anger and frustration. 

More expletives followed as I almost tripped over the cat making a second trip with a rinsed washcloth and the same towel. A few baby wipes later, I had the mess cleaned up as best as possible and I was on my way. It was 6:15.

Now, a thing to know about the town I live in: It’s not a town- it’s a village. It’s also so small and unnecessary  to plow our subdivision until the snow is basically done that we’re always stuck sliding around town. I drove far too slowly through town because every time I thought about picking up speed, I’d slide and almost take out a stop sign. It’s honestly not that hard to charter a plow to clear out our area?

I finally make it onto the freeway thinking I’ll get to Sun Prairie for work at a decent time and not lose out on any hours but nope: I get stuck, on the perfectly clear roads, mind you, going 5-10 under the speed limit for a good 20 minutes before I can get around people and into the open road. I was 20 minutes later than usual to get to work. Luckily, I’m within the time range I need to stay for a full 8 hour day, but really?

Upon sitting down, I took a sip of my coffee, then felt some moisture on my shirt. Yup. Got some coffee on my white tank top and heathered red shirt. More expletives.

For some reason, I seem to be feeling sick all morning. It may have something to do with the multi-vitamin I started taking again but I’m just feeling generally crappy.

So that’s my morning so far. I’ve wanted to go home and knit on Clapotis since I left. I’ll be going home as soon as possible today, getting a quick run in(yup! I’m running again!), cleaning up and going to Stitch n Bitch.

Anyway- I’ll update tomorrow probably with my weekend adventures into StashBusting.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s